Autumn: September, October, and November in the northern hemisphere and March, April, and May in the southern hemisphere. Wherever you are, share the scenes of your autumn season…
Paint an autumn scene.
Include the topic hashtag in your Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond Facebook group post: #autumn
Deadline October 14, 2022, 11:59 pm ET
This is a chance to use beautiful fall colours: quin gold, burnt sienna, yellow ochre, alizarin crimson, and many other gorgeous hues! You could paint autumn landscapes, pumpkins, fall leaves, any autumn theme!
I painted the cover photo following Ksenia’s YouTube videos: Demonstration of fall leaves
REMINDER: Ksenia Annis is doing a free live demo Saturday, October 8 at 10 am CT
What is the prize?
Ksenia Annis has contributed a free course, Watercolor Greeting Cards, to one random winner. She is also offering a discount of 40% for this class for everyone, only $14.99. Click here if you’d like to check it out.
In this class you will learn how to paint watercolor greeting cards. These miniature art pieces do the big job of helping us to express love, gratitude, and friendship. Taking only minutes to paint, each card allows us to be creative and have fun.
She will paint examples of Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Year’s cards, however, the skills learned can be applied to any occasion. After taking this class you’ll be able to create personal, handmade messages to make any occasion super special.
Ksenia will explain how to use photos to find various subjects for painting. Our card designs will be fairly realistic so we will need a reference to paint from. She will talk about composition of greeting cards. They are small but are still art pieces so certain rules of composition will apply to them. She will show how to paint tricky subjects like candle flames, lights and sparkling glass. She will also review materials for embellishments – sprinkles, gold and other metallics.
The course includes:
- 8 card ideas
- immediate and life-time access to the course
- support directly from Ksenia
- membership to the Learn to Paint with Ksenia Annis community
—-> Follow her on YouTube Learn to paint with Ksenia Annis. She has many, many free videos!
If you have ideas to share for future challenges, please add your comment to the post –>add challenge recommendation
- Entries must be posted in the Facebook group: Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond
- You may enter as often as you want
- Open to all countries
- Winner is chosen randomly
- Include the topic hashtag in your post: #autumn
- Deadline October 14, 2022, 11:59 pm ET (New York time)
- Winner announced Sunday, October 16, 2022
- If you also post your painting on Instagram, tag @watercolorbeginnersandbeyond. You could be randomly chosen for a QoR watercolor sample dot card.
Do you want to help support Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond?
Please consider using these affiliate links when shopping online. Thank you! This helps to pay for challenge prizes and postage to mail the prizes. 🙂
- Amazon Storefront: some of my favorite art goodies
- The Artist Life
- Jackson’s Art Supply (10% off first order)
- Jackman’s Art Materials (10% off first order using code WBB10)
- Paypal link (if you want to contribute directly to help with postage and prizes)
As an Amazon Associate, The Artist Life Affiliate, Jackson’s Art Affiliate, and Jackman’s Art Materials Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
#paintingchallenge #internationalgiveaway #weeklypainting #watercolorchallenge #weeklychallenge #watercolourchallenge #watercolorbeginnersandbeyond