Patricia Merewether suggested this challenge. The days are getting shorter, and the nights are getting longer. So…. let’s
Paint a night sky.
Include the topic hashtag in your Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond Facebook group post: #nightsky
Deadline October 7, 2022, 11:59 pm ET
This is a chance to paint galaxy paintings, aurora borealis, all the cool night skies!
What is the prize?
Our sponsor this week is Dr. Ph Martin’s who has generously contributed Hydrus Liquid Watercolor Set 2. For more info, click on the product photo.
Dr. Ph. Martin’s Hydrus Fine Art Watercolor is lightfast, transparent, fine art quality watercolor in a glass bottle. This liquid product delivers the same brilliance and permanency as traditional tube watercolors. Made from the finest artist pigments, Dr. Ph. Martin’s Hydrus Fine Art Watercolor can be blended and intermixed while still maintaining the transparency and luminosity of the colors.
Each set comes in a tray that doubles as a mixing palette and bottle holder, with space for a water cup and twelve individual mixing wells. Great for use in technical, calligraphy, fountain pens, and in airbrushes. Each set includes 12 different colors in 1.0 oz (30 ml) glass bottles with droppers and a custom mixing palette.
I use liquid watercolor all the time. It is awesome! You can get a completely smooth background. It is fantastic!
Colors: Hansa Deep Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Permanent Red, Cobalt Blue, Indian Red, Viridian Green, Burnt Sienna, Alizarin Crimson, Sepia, Payne’s Gray, Payne’s Gray, Sap Green, Burnt Umber.
If you have ideas to share for future challenges, please add your comment to the post –>add challenge recommendation
- Entries must be posted in the Facebook group: Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond
- You may enter as often as you want
- Open to all countries
- Winner is chosen randomly
- Include the topic hashtag in your post: #nightsky
- Deadline October 7, 2022, 11:59 pm ET (New York time)
- Winner announced Sunday, October 9, 2022
- If you also post your painting on Instagram, tag @watercolorbeginnersandbeyond. You could be randomly chosen for a QoR watercolor sample dot card.
Do you want to help support Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond?
Please consider using these affiliate links when shopping online. Thank you! This helps to pay for challenge prizes and postage to mail the prizes. 🙂
- Amazon Storefront: some of my favorite art goodies
- The Artist Life
- Jackson’s Art Supply (10% off first order)
- Jackman’s Art Materials (10% off first order using code WBB10)
- Paypal link (if you want to contribute directly to help with postage and prizes)
As an Amazon Associate, The Artist Life Affiliate, Jackson’s Art Affiliate, and Jackman’s Art Materials Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
#paintingchallenge #internationalgiveaway #weeklypainting #watercolorchallenge #weeklychallenge #watercolourchallenge #watercolorbeginnersandbeyond