Graham Berry must be tired of the cold, dreary weather and has asked us to…
Paint the beach.
Include the topic hashtag in your Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond Facebook group post: #onthebeach
Deadline January 13, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
Here are some recipes for mixing a sand color. Sand isn’t a dark value, so make sure you use enough water in these mixes:
- Yellow ochre, and a little cobalt blue and burnt sienna
- Any yellow with a dab of purple/violet to tone down the yellow
- Raw sienna with just a small dab of burnt sienna and burnt umber
- Cad yellow, very watered down, with burnt umber
- Neutral tint, very watered down, with a dab of burnt umber
If the color is too yellowish, tone it down with purple. Use lots of water!
What is the prize?
The prize for one random winner will be a one-year subscription to Graham Berry’s courses: Paint with Graham. There are over 100 full tutorials available immediately with a new tutorial added every 2 weeks. His painting style is perfect for both beginner and experienced artists.
If you’d like to try a tutorial for free, sign up here. I learned so much from this free tutorial about using a limited palette, creating warm light, and to allow the paint to “do its thing” and not fiddle with it too much.
- Entries must be posted in the Facebook group: Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond
- You may enter as often as you want
- Open to all countries
- Winner is chosen randomly
- Include the topic hashtag in your post: #onthebeach
- Deadline January 13, 2023, 11:59 pm ET (New York time)
- Winner announced Sunday, January 15, 2023
- If you also post your painting on Instagram, tag @watercolorbeginnersandbeyond. You could be randomly chosen for a QoR watercolor sample dot card.
- This painting challenge is not endorsed, sponsored, or administered by Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Would you like to support Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond?
Please consider using these affiliate links when shopping online. Thank you! This helps to pay for prizes and postage to mail the prizes. 🙂
- Amazon Storefront: some of my favorite art goodies
- The Artist Life (for 15% off, use coupon code: DZWC15TAL)
- Jackson’s Art Supply
- SketchBox (10% off with discount code: DiannSketchBox)
- Jackman’s Art Materials (10% off first order using code WBB10)
- Paypal link (if you want to contribute directly to help with postage and prizes)
- As an Amazon Associate, The Artist Life Affiliate, Jackson’s Art Affiliate, and Jackman’s Art Materials Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
#paintingchallenge #internationalgiveaway #weeklypainting #watercolorchallenge #weeklychallenge #watercolourchallenge #watercolorbeginnersandbeyond