I just returned from England (thank you Fi Elizabeth!) and saw so many famous landmarks: Stonehenge, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, and much more. So, it won’t be a surprise to find out that our challenge this week is to…
Paint a famous landmark.
Include the topic hashtag in your Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond Facebook group post: #famouslandmark
Deadline September 30, 2022, 11:59 pm ET
As defined by the Oxford University Press, a landmark is a notable object or characteristic of a landscape that allows you to decipher the location. Landmarks can include historical, cultural, natural and man-made structures.
Here is a small list of famous landmarks: Eiffel Tower, Angkor Temple, Sydney Opera House, Statue of Liberty, Taj Mahal, Burj Khalifa, Machu Picchu, Mont Saint-Michel, Acropolis, Neuschwanstein Castle, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Sacre Coeur, Great Pyramid of Giza, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, La Sagrada Familia, Niagara Falls, Golden Gate Bridge, Colosseum, Brandenburg Gate, Grand Canyon, Mount Fuji, Arc de Triomphe, Victoria Falls, and there are many more.
I’m looking forward to seeing all the famous landmarks around the world!
What is the prize?
One of our talented members, Noemi Cardoso, is contributing two handmade Arches sketchbooks for one random winner from her Etsy Shop, Pink Rhino Art. These sketchbooks are so beautifully made and beautifully wrapped! These books would make a lovely gift for a friend… or for yourself!
If you have ideas to share for future challenges, please add your comment to the post –>add challenge recommendation
- Entries must be posted in the Facebook group: Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond
- You may enter as often as you want
- Open to all countries
- Winner is chosen randomly
- Include the topic hashtag in your post: #famouslandmark
- Deadline September 30, 2022, 11:59 pm ET (New York time)
- Winner announced Sunday, October 2, 2022
- If you also post your painting on Instagram, tag @watercolorbeginnersandbeyond. You could be randomly chosen for a QoR watercolor sample dot card.
Do you want to help support Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond?
Please consider using these affiliate links when shopping online. Thank you! This helps to pay for challenge prizes and postage to mail the prizes. 🙂
- Amazon Storefront: some of my favorite art goodies
- The Artist Life
- Jackson’s Art Supply (10% off first order)
- Jackman’s Art Materials (10% off first order using code WBB10)
- Paypal link (if you want to contribute directly to help with postage and prizes)
As an Amazon Associate, The Artist Life Affiliate, Jackson’s Art Affiliate, and Jackman’s Art Materials Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. #ad
For free resources: