Graham Berry is our awesome sponsor and has suggested this week’s painting challenge.
Include the topic hashtag in your Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond Facebook group post: #shadows
Deadline November 18, 2022, 11:59 pm ET
Shadows give depth and form to your art.
There are two types of shadows:
- form shadows – the dark side of an object not facing the light, giving the illusion of its form
- example: shadow side of a tree trunk
- cast shadows – the shadows that the object itself casts upon another object
- example: the shadow that the tree trunk casts on the ground
Shadows are critical. These crayons look like they are floating in air until I added the shadows.
What is the prize?
The prize for one random winner will be a one-year subscription to Graham Berry’s courses: Paint with Graham. There are over 100 full tutorials available immediately with a new tutorial added every 2 weeks. His painting style is perfect for both beginner and experienced artists.
If you’d like to try a tutorial for free, sign up here. I learned so much from this free tutorial about using a limited palette, creating warm light, and to allow the paint to “do its thing” and not fiddle with it too much.
If you have ideas to share for future challenges, please add your comment to the post –>add challenge recommendation
- Entries must be posted in the Facebook group: Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond
- You may enter as often as you want
- Open to all countries
- Winner is chosen randomly
- Include the topic hashtag in your post: #Shadows
- Deadline November 18, 2022, 11:59 pm ET (New York time)
- Winner announced Sunday, November 20, 2022
- If you also post your painting on Instagram, tag @watercolorbeginnersandbeyond. You could be randomly chosen for a QoR watercolor sample dot card.
- This painting challenge is not endorsed, sponsored, or administered by Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Do you want to help support Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond?
Please consider using these affiliate links when shopping online. Thank you! This helps to pay for challenge prizes and postage to mail the prizes. 🙂
- Amazon Storefront: some of my favorite art goodies
- The Artist Life
- Jackson’s Art Supply
- Jackman’s Art Materials (10% off first order using code WBB10)
- Paypal link (if you want to contribute directly to help with postage and prizes)
As an Amazon Associate, The Artist Life Affiliate, Jackson’s Art Affiliate, and Jackman’s Art Materials Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
#paintingchallenge #internationalgiveaway #weeklypainting #watercolorchallenge #weeklychallenge #watercolourchallenge #watercolorbeginnersandbeyond