Stained glass has been made since ancient times, first as wares (cups, vases), then to windows. This week’s challenge is to…
Paint stained glass.
Include the topic hashtag in your Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond Facebook group post: #stainedglass
Deadline January 20, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
Stained glass has always been one of my favorite art forms. I love to see sunlight shine through creating vivid, gorgeous colors. This may be why I love watercolor so much. Transparent paint on paper, it looks like light shining through the paper.
You may create your own stained glass design, or copy from a reference photo.
What is the prize?
This course focuses on the exercises that Angela uses herself. You will find these lessons strengthen your painting skills, helping you think more creatively as she demonstrates creative warmups and exercises focused on:
- Exploring watermedia – watercolour pencils, ink pencils, aquasticks & more
- Sketching on the go
- Using sketches to build a painting (using contour drawing, value studies, shape studies & more)
- Evaluating and learning from your best work
- Learning through copying a great painting
- “Recycling” a bad painting
- Painting expressively to capture mood or memory
- 206 minutes of content
- Entries must be posted in the Facebook group: Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond
- You may enter as often as you want
- Open to all countries
- Winner is chosen randomly
- Include the topic hashtag in your post: #stainedglass
- Deadline January 20, 2023, 11:59 pm ET (New York time)
- Winner announced Sunday, January 22, 2023
- If you also post your painting on Instagram, tag @watercolorbeginnersandbeyond. You could be randomly chosen for a QoR watercolor sample dot card.
- This painting challenge is not endorsed, sponsored, or administered by Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Would you like to support Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond?
Please consider using these affiliate links when shopping online. Thank you! This helps to pay for prizes and postage to mail the prizes. 🙂
- Amazon Storefront: some of my favorite art goodies
- The Artist Life (for 15% off, use coupon code: DZWC15TAL)
- Jackson’s Art Supply
- SketchBox (10% off with discount code: DiannSketchBox)
- Jackman’s Art Materials (10% off first order using code WBB10)
- Paypal link (if you want to contribute directly to help with postage and prizes)
- As an Amazon Associate, The Artist Life Affiliate, Jackson’s Art Affiliate, and Jackman’s Art Materials Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
#paintingchallenge #internationalgiveaway #weeklypainting #watercolorchallenge #weeklychallenge #watercolourchallenge #watercolorbeginnersandbeyond