Many of us started our watercolor journey with Sarah Cray and Let’s Make Art. This week’s challenge is to paint any of the LMA tutorials.
Paint a Let’s Make Art tutorial!
Include the topic hashtag in your Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond Facebook group post: #LMA
Deadline July 22, 2022, 11:59 pm ET
- Let’s Make Art YouTube Channel for Tutorials
- Let’s Make Art Website for outlines (If you do not have a profile with LMA, you may set up a profile to access the free outlines.)
Here are a few I’ve done at the beginning of my art journey. I did these when I had only been painting a couple months. I was so excited to accomplish these results! Her tutorials are easy to follow. She’s so encouraging each step of the way. I hope to meet her someday.
If you click on the photo, it will take you to the LMA YouTube tutorial.
What is the prize?
Projects in this box:
- Eiffel Tower
- South East Asia inspired
- World Map
WHAT’S INSIDE THE BOX
- Dandelion Paint Co. Watercolor Paint: Black, Deep Blue, Deep Yellow, Magenta
- Watercolor paper (enough to do each project twice)
- Graphite Paper and outlines
- Step-by-step instruction cards
- Reference Photos
- Let’s Make Art Matter Postcard
- Bonus item: (2) 6×9 Bamboo/Cotton Blend paper & (2) 6×9 100% Cotton “The Collection” Premium Hahnamuhle Paper
- Paint is Made in the USA ~ Non Toxic and Conforms to ASTM D-4236
I admire LMA’s vision: “We want to give you a space to grow creatively. The simple act of taking time to create something with your own hands will have a positive impact on your life. If you are able to let go of the expectation that every attempt should be perfect, then you’ll be able to make room for what really matters when it comes to art: Mindfulness, Learning, Community, and Having Fun! Give yourself permission to make ‘mistakes.’ Give yourself permission to take an hour just for you. Give yourself permission to play. Let’s make some art.”
If you missed the World Watercolor Month challenge, check it out. It is throughout the month of July! Lots of awesome prizes from our sponsors!
If you have ideas to share for future challenges, please add your comment to the post –>add challenge recommendation
- Entries must be posted in the Facebook group: Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond
- You may enter as often as you want
- Open to all countries
- Winner is chosen randomly
- Include the topic hashtag in your post: #LMA
- Deadline July 22, 2022, 11:59 pm ET (New York time)
- Winner announced Sunday, July 24, 2022
- If you also post your painting on Instagram, tag @watercolorbeginnersandbeyond. You could be randomly chosen for a QoR watercolor sample dot card.
Do you want to help support Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond?
I am an Amazon Associate and Jackson’s Art Affiliate. Please consider using these links when shopping online. Thank you! This helps to pay for challenge prizes and postage to mail the prizes. 🙂
- Amazon: Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond (some of my favorite art goodies)
- Amazon US
- Amazon Canada
- Amazon UK
- Jackson’s Art Supply
- Paypal link (if you want to contribute directly to help with postage and prizes)
As an Amazon Associate and Jackson’s Art Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. #ad
Etchr has generously offered FREE 14 day access to all their online classes and workshops
has over 1000 hours of videos, plus many other resources available to subscribers. For info, click here.
For free resources, FREE ebooks, classes, and open source photos