July is World Watercolor Month!
To recognize and celebrate WORLD WATERCOLOR MONTH, paint one, some, or all of the Doodlewash July daily prompts. In early August, we will randomly select 10 winners for some amazing prizes!
–> Make sure to include #WWM2022 in your post in the Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond Facebook group.
What are the 10 prizes for 10 random winners?
- Dr. Ph Martin’s Hydrus Liquid Watercolor set 1: Dr. Ph. Martin’s Hydrus Fine Art Watercolor is lightfast, transparent, fine art quality watercolor in a glass bottle. This liquid product delivers the same brilliance and permanency as traditional tube watercolors. Made from the finest artist pigments, Dr. Ph. Martin’s Hydrus Fine Art Watercolor can be blended and intermixed while still maintaining the transparency and luminosity of the colors. Each set comes in a tray that doubles as a mixing palette and bottle holder, with space for a water cup and twelve individual mixing wells. Great for use in technical, calligraphy, fountain pens, and in airbrushes. Each set includes 12 different colors in 1.0 oz (30 ml) glass bottles with droppers and a custom mixing palette.
- Angela Fehr’s Watercolor Workout Course: lifetime access course, focuses on the exercises that Angela uses herself. You will find these lessons strengthen your painting skills, helping you think more creatively as she demonstrates creative warmups and exercises focused on:
- Exploring watermedia – watercolour pencils, ink pencils, aquasticks & more
- Sketching on the go
- Using sketches to build a painting (using contour drawing, value studies, shape studies & more)
- Evaluating and learning from your best work
- Learning through copying a great painting
- “Recycling” a bad painting
- Painting expressively to capture mood or memory
- 206 minutes of content
- Kristy Rice watercolor palette: This watercolor set features 12 carefully selected, non-toxic water paint colors designed to produce hundreds of color mixes even a beginner could produce. Never chalky or grainy, these watercolor paints are beginner friendly, but professional quality with every brushstroke.
- A book by Kristy Rice: Art for Joy’s Sake: Free Spirited Watercolor. Kristy Rice’s joy-focused approach to watercolor art has won the hearts of fans worldwide. Here she teaches the basics of painting, infusing the learning process with wit, wisdom, and laughter. Rice shows all levels of painters how to make “art for joy’s sake.” She offers her quirky, joy-focused guidance on preparation, including the materials you really need (and don’t need), and walks you through “Basics and Details.”
- Ksenia Annis is offering lifetime access to a Learn to paint with Ksenia Annis online course! The winner may choose any one of the following courses:
- From Zero to Watercolor Hero
- Painterly Pet Portraits
- Paint like the Masters
- Impressionism with Gouache
- Experimental Watercolor on non-paper Surfaces
- Watercolor premium box by Sketchbox –
- This box features a custom watercolor palette by Kuretake Zig. This 12-color palette is inspired by traditional watercolor painters with a modern twist with a mix of opaque and transparent colors. The palette also includes a metallic for shimmery effects. This box also includes a Color Sparx watercolor powder in wisteria which offers a rich, multi-dimensional pigment. You can mix this powder with water to use as a traditional watercolor or sprinkle it on a wet surface for a blooming effect. We also included two Archer & Olive Acrylograph pens in white and Navy. These .7mm water-based acrylic pens are great for creating outlines and contrast, and their opaque ink dilutes well in water. To outline your drawings we included a Koh-I-Noor Toison d’Or graphite pencil with a soft B lead. This pencil is also great for adding shadows. Because Plein Air is often done on the go, we included a Kuretake Zig BrusH20 Petit which makes for the perfect travel brush. Finally, our surface this month is a custom Hahnemuhle Toned Watercolor paper pad (200 GSM, 15 sheets). This absorbent, light grey pad offers a contrasting mid-tone to the materials in this month’s box.
- QoR 12 half-pan watercolor set: Made using an exclusive binder that provides more pigment with every stroke, QoR Modern Watercolors have all the subtlety, transparency, and flow of a great traditional watercolor, yet the colors embody the fire and vibrance of the best acrylic or oil paint even after drying.
- Arches 140 lb cold press sketchbook (I made by cutting a 9 x 12 inch pad. Info here.) 3 winners will each receive a 12-page sketchbook. You can also paint on both sides of the paper!
- Throughout the month, there will be pop-up giveaways of QoR watercolor sample dot cards
BIG THANKS to our generous sponsors:
Questions you may have:
- How do I enter?
- In the Watercolor – Beginners and Beyond Facebook group, post a painting you did based on one of the daily prompts from Doodlewash
- Include the hashtag #WWM2022
- Is there a limit to how often I can enter?
- No, you may enter as often as you’d like (following the Doodlewash prompts, of course)
- Can I do more than one painting for a prompt? (for example, I’d like to post two paintings for July 22 prompt “ceremony”)
- Yes, you may post more than one painting per daily prompt
- Is it open to all countries?
- Yes, as long as the item can be shipped to the destination country
- Will there still be weekly challenges?
- YES! We will continue doing weekly painting challenges. It will be a fun and busy painting month! Get out your brushes… and paint!
Please consider using these links when shopping online.
I am an Amazon Associate and Jackson’s Art Affiliate. This helps to pay for challenge prizes and postage to mail the prizes. Thank you! 🙂
#worldwatercolormonth #worldwatercolormonth2022 #wwm2022 #watercolorbeginnersandbeyond